LICENSE TESTING SCHEDULE AND INSTRUCTIONS
The Magic Valley Amateur Radio Club holds testing sessions for the Technician, General and Extra Class license, typically on the third Saturday of every odd month starting in January. Dates may change or be cancelled due to holidays or other circumstances so it's best to check here often if you plan on taking a test on any given testing day.
Please go to
THIS LINK to get more information on what to bring to the testing session
and the DO's and DON'Ts while at the session.
If you plan to test on one of the
following dates please
email us or call 208-731-8870 to let us know if anyone will be attending.
- 9 a.m. at Loong Hing Restaurant, 1719 Kimberly Road in Twin Falls. (This location is handicapped accessible) If you
plan on eating please be finished by 9 a.m. or wait until after the testing is completed.
- Bring 2 forms of ID, one must be a photo ID
- If you currently hold an amateur radio license, bring your original license
- Bring CSCE's that are not over 364 days old
- Bring $15 testing fee. (Non-refundable)
- Calculators are allowed except those that may remember formula's in the memories.
NOTE! all similar electronic devices with a
calculator capability, may NOT be used.
- Please be prepared to turn off cell phones during the testing session.
- You may not leave the room while you are taking the test.
- If you get a passing grade on a test you may take the test for the next level up without an additional fee.
- If you fail a test you can try it again for an additional $15 fee. (non-refundable)
It is the responsibility of the licensed applicant seeking to upgrade to provide the VE's with a copy of your valid current license. The VE's will KEEP the copy and it will be sent to the ARRL with your test papers. The FCC no longer issues paper licenses but they are available on the FCC web site for you to print out on your own. This will be necessary
for you to do before you can take the test. Below are the links and steps to follow to print out your current valid license.
To find and print your "current valid license."
1. Go to http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchLicense.jsp
2. Search for your call sign.
3. Click on your call sign
4. Click on the ADMIN tab
5. Click on "Authorization -- Licensee"
6. Click on the link at the top that says REFERENCE
7. Your reference copy license will open in a PDF file for printing or saving. This reference copy is what you bring to the testing session.
For more information - Kelly, K7SU
Or click here to email TESTING INFO
Proposed schedule for 2017 (These dates are
subject to change...please check back often)
September 23 at KOA Campground in Jerome.